Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in butter. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt caramels with cream, stirring often. Sprinkle chocolate chips and peanuts over the crust; top with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
1 bar: 197 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.