- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 8 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, saute beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Spoon 1/2 cup cream from top of coconut milk and place in the pan. Add remaining oil; bring to a boil. Add curry paste; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until oil separates from coconut milk mixture.
- Stir in the brown sugar, fish sauce and remaining coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add bok choy and red pepper; return to a boil. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cashews, cilantro and beef; heat through. Serve with rice.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with regular (full-fat) coconut milk. Light coconut milk contains less fat.
1-1/4 cups: 469 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.