- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 chai tea bags
- 2 bars (3-1/2 ounces each) 70% cacao dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Optional: Sweetened whipped cream and cinnamon sticks
- In a large saucepan, heat cream and tea bags over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil). Remove from the heat; steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags; whisk in the chocolates, vanilla and salt until smooth. Return to the heat; cook and stir until heated through. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream and cinnamon sticks.
1 cup: 488 calories, 35g fat (23g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.