Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- Pecan halves, optional
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cheese until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and cayenne; gradually beat into cheese mixture. Stir in Rice Krispies. If necessary, turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 4-6 times, forming a stiff dough.
- Divide dough in half; shape each half into a 7-in.-long log. Wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap logs and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. If desired, top each slice with a pecan half. Bake until edges are golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
To Make Ahead: Dough can be made 2 days in advance.
Can you freeze Cheese Crispies?
Freeze wrapped logs in an airtight container. To use, unwrap frozen logs and cut into slices. Bake as directed.
1 cracker: 87 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.