- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, parsley, 1/3 cup cheese, onion, green pepper and garlic. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice and zest, salt, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir into the rice mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
3/4 cup: 310 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.