Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Additional slivered almonds and maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in extract. Fold in almonds and cherries; set aside.
- Unroll crescent rolls on an ungreased baking sheet; overlap long sides to make at 12-in. square. Press perforations to seal. Spread the cream cheese mixture down center third of square to within 1 in. of top and bottom; fold top and bottom edge over filling. Bring long sides over filling and overlap. Pinch seam to seal.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over top of loaf. Garnish with almonds and cherries.
1 slice: 274 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.