- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth. Add chicken, rice, pimientos, parsley and, if desired, salt; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour eggs over all.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
1 serving: 233 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.