- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 slice peeled fresh gingerroot (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- In a small saucepan, combine the broth, ginger and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove and discard ginger and garlic.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Reduce heat. Drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in onion.
1 cup: 178 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 243mg cholesterol, 956mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.