- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down; microwave on high until tender, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with parsley, oregano and basil. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 7-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Stir in pasta sauce; sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- Separate strands of squash with a fork. Serve with chicken and sauce. If desired, top with chopped parsley.
1 chicken breast half with 1-1/4 cups squash and 1/2 cup sauce: 413 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 42g protein.