Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 8 bacon strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup pear nectar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried pears
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Place bacon in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until crisp. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over bacon. Broil 1 minute longer or until bacon is glazed and bubbly. Drain on paper towels. Cool slightly and crumble.
- In a small skillet, combine the chicken, pear nectar, pears, preserves, butter, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Spoon about 1 teaspoonful of filling into each tart shell; place tarts on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
1 each: 53 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.