- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced celery (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Cut chicken into 1/2-in. strips; place in a resealable plastic bag. Add cornstarch and toss to coat. Combine the soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder; add to bag and shake well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil; stir- fry the broccoli, celery, carrots and onion for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add water and bouillon. Return chicken to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
1 each: 306 calories, 14g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.