- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Place chicken and vegetables in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with 1/4 cup lemon juice mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes.
- Turn chicken and vegetables; drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Broil 4 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve on tortillas, with cheese if desired.
1 fajita: 231 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.