- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-2/3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, rice, cream and pepper; heat through.
1-1/3 cups: 371 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1369mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.