- 2 packages (7-1/4 ounces each) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Set aside cheese packets from dinner mixes. In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook until tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and stir beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomatoes and green chiles, tomato sauce and seasonings. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture. Stir in contents of cheese packets, sour cream and 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 20-25 minutes.
1-1/2 cups: 631 calories, 35g fat (17g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1286mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.