Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 1-2 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Beat in chocolate mixture. Add flour; beat just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars. To serve, dust with confectioners' sugar or freeze. Brownies may be frozen for up to 6 months.