- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper; return to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in spinach and basil; cook until spinach is wilted. Top servings with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 239 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 1135mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
- Jun 21, 2019
I call this my Christmas Soup and we make it every winter. It's hearty enough to keep us full, but easy enough not to take up the day with a cooking project. Delicious and festive! One of my go-to meals each season.
- Jan 23, 2018
- Dec 26, 2017
No comment left
- Dec 20, 2017
This is super easy and yummy. Making for part of my Christmas dinner. I highly recommend this soup for its relish taste & ease. Great combo!
- Nov 28, 2017
This is very simple but delicious soup recipe that I can make on a busy weeknight. Serve it with bread and salad. I usually use organic low sodium chicken broth and a can of diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and the flavor is very good. My kids love this soup.
- Mar 13, 2015
This was so easy to make! We had a healthy comforting meal on the table in no time! Thanks for sharing this.
- Jan 29, 2015
Such an easy, delicious recipe. We will absolutely make this again
- Jan 5, 2015
This was so easy to make and it was so delicious! This will be one of my favorites to make again.
- Dec 11, 2014
I love how quick and easy it was.
- Dec 4, 2014
This was really good!