- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
3/4 cup: 162 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.