Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half.
- On a greased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 15x3-in. rectangle about 3 in. apart. Sprinkle chocolate chips and, if desired, nuts over dough; press lightly.
- Bake at 375° for 6-7 minutes. (Bake for 8-9 minutes for crispier cookies.) Cool for 5 minutes. Cut with a serrated knife into 1-in. strips; remove to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 93 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.