- 2 cups fresh-cut sweet corn (3 to 4 ears)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the corn, onion, green pepper, butter, salt and cumin. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in tomato and sugar; cook, covered, 5 minutes longer.
1/2 cup: 126 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.