- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Small strips green onion and/or fresh cilantro leaves
- In a small saucepan, bring the corn and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and cheese. Add pepper sauce and remaining water; stir just until moistened. Fold in the corn, red pepper, green onion and minced cilantro.
- Pour batter by tablespoonfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with onion, jalapeno, lime juice and salt. Top each pancake with a teaspoonful of guacamole and a shrimp. Garnish with green onion and/or cilantro. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1 each: 44 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.