- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic powder to taste
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown hens in oil. Place the potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with the hens and bacon. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender, 6-8 hours. If desired, thicken the cooking juices. Sprinkle the hens with parsley.
1 serving: 995 calories, 67g fat (18g saturated fat), 369mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 66g protein.