Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop stems; set caps aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and chopped mushrooms until crisp-tender. Add 1/2 cup broth; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring remaining broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Add to onion mixture. Stir in 2 tablespoons cheese, mayonnaise, basil and tarragon. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with paprika.
1 stuffed mushroom: 26 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.