- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook manicotti shells according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine crab, ricotta, mozzarella, lemon-pepper seasoning, pepper and garlic powder. Stuff shells with crab mixture. Spread 1/4 cup sauce in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Bake, covered, until heated through, 25-30 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley and, if desired, additional grated Parmesan cheese.
2 each: 359 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.