- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 6 individual cream-filled sponge cakes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and cranberry juice until smooth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in corn syrup until blended. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the oranges, cranberries and cinnamon stick; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the berries pop. Discard cinnamon stick.
- Divide cake cubes among four dessert dishes; top each with 1/2 cup fruit sauce. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Serve warm.
1 each: 385 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (70g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.