Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs, then extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Stir in pistachios and cranberries.
- Divide dough in half. With floured hands, shape each half into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until set.
- Place pan on wire rack. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
1 each: 85 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.