- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cranberries, dates and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until berries pop, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt; stir in melted butter. Press half of the mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. pan. Bake 8 minutes.
- Spoon cranberry mixture over crust. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture; pat down gently. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes longer. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix glaze ingredients. Drizzle over top.
1 bar: 339 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.