- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cranberries, onion, pecans and blue cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
3/4 cup: 155 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.