- 2 cups finely crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, flour and butter; press into an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, flour, milk and spices. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
1 piece: 458 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.