- 3 pounds fresh carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, bring carrots and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots. Drizzle with cream sauce and toss to coat.
3/4 cup: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.