- 4 cups finely chopped sweet onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the onions, butter, wine, garlic and bay leaf. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until onions are tender and golden brown.
- Discard bay leaf. Reduce heat to low; stir in the Gruyere cheese, cream cheese and sour cream. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with crackers or vegetables.
1/4 cup: 176 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.