- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil or pumpkin seed oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil or olive oil, optional
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Baked pita chips and sliced apples and pears
- In a food processor, combine the first 9 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Garnish with oil if desired; top with pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds. Serve with pita chips, apples and pears.
1/4 cup: 153 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.