Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Shoestring black licorice, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg (dough will be stiff). Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Spread a heaping teaspoonful of frosting over the bottom of half of the cookies. Place four licorice pieces on each side of cookies for spider legs; top with remaining cookies. For eyes, attach two red-hot candies with frosting to top of spider.
1 spider: 206 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.