- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups torn dandelion greens or arugula
- 2 green onions or 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup grapefruit or tangerine sections
- Dandelion blossoms, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine dandelion greens and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Arrange eggs and grapefruit sections over greens. If desired, top with dandelion blossoms.
Editor's Note: Verify that dandelion greens haven't been treated with lawn-care chemicals.
1 serving: 166 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.