- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- Pastry for single-crust pie (8 inches)
- Melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk and onion; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham, peas and eggs. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square or 11x7-in. baking dish. On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit top of dish; place over filling. Seal and flute edges; cut slits in the top. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
1 piece: 411 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 1220mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.