- 4 quarts plain popped popcorn
- 5 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups non-chocolate candy (gumdrops, Skittles, etc.)
- Place popcorn and pretzels in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Cook and stir until candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda. Quickly pour over popcorn and mix thoroughly; stir in peanuts.
- Turn into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 200° for 20 minutes; stir. Bake 25 minutes more. Remove from the oven; add candy and mix well. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers or plastic bags.
1 cup: 277 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.