- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first 6 ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
1 muffin: 278 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.