Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups chocolate sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Place the oats in a blender; cover and process until finely ground. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts and sprinkles.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
2 each: 330 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.