Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- EGGNOG FROSTING:
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Additional ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, eggnog and extract. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° until bottoms are brown, 13-16 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the first five frosting ingredients until blended; beat in enough eggnog to reach desired consistency. Spread over cookies; sprinkle with additional nutmeg. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers.
1 cookie: 167 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.