- 8 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 6-qt. Dutch oven, combine apples, 3/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. In a bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; stir in eggs (mixture will be lumpy). Spoon over apples. Drizzle butter over batter (do not stir). Cover and bake until lightly browned and apples are tender, 45-50 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
1 serving: 531 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 93g carbohydrate (64g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.