- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Place the hash browns in a strainer; rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add the flour, eggs, butter, water and salt; mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
1 each: 202 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.