Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Additional basil, optional
- Combine oil and garlic; brush over both sides of eggplant slices. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes; turn. Bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place half the eggplant in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half the basil and Parmesan cheese. Arrange tomato slices over top; sprinkle with remaining basil and Parmesan. Layer with half the mozzarella cheese and the remaining eggplant; top with remaining mozzarella. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes longer. Garnish with additional basil, if desired.
1 serving: 275 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.