Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 teaspoons marinade for chicken,divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 3 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the crab, water chestnuts, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, parsley, mustard, 2 teaspoons marinade for chicken and half of the onions.
- Chop one cheese slice; stir into crab mixture. Spread over chicken; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on all sides. Place seam side down in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining marinade for chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Cut each remaining cheese slice into six strips; place two cheese strips over each chicken breast. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Sprinkle remaining onions over chicken.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Lea & Perrins Marinade for Chicken.
1 each: 225 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.