- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried banana chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine water, honey, molasses and oil. Heat for 3-4 minutes over medium until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in dried fruits. Store in an airtight container.
1/2 cup: 260 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.