- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a saucepan, combine the beaten eggs, sugar, vinegar and salt; cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened and a thermometer reads 160°. Cool completely, stirring several times.
- In a bowl, combine the macaroni, hard-boiled eggs, ham, cheese, celery, onion, pickle relish and olives. Stir mayonnaise into cooled egg mixture; pour over macaroni mixture. Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
1 each: 411 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 263mg cholesterol, 1329mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.