- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In drippings, saute onion and potatoes until potatoes are browned, about 5 minutes. Push potato mixture from center to sides of pan. Pour eggs into center; cook and stir gently until eggs are set and cooked to desired doneness. Stir to combine eggs and potato mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon; let stand until cheese melts.
1 serving: 464 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 321mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.