Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 48 whole medium mushrooms
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the bread cubes, Worcestershire sauce and onion.
- Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside. Remove and chop the mushroom stems; set caps aside.
- In a large skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and crab in the remaining butter. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to sauce. Stuff 1 tablespoonful crab mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.