- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup apricot brandy or chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 cup chili garlic sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Thai red chili paste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add poblanos and onion to drippings; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat; add brandy. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in chili garlic sauce and chili paste; pour over chicken.
- Cook, covered, on low until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°, 4-5 hours.
1 serving: 421 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.