- 3/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 Triscuits or other crackers
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- Optional: sour cream and sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the beans, onion, green chilies and cumin. Place eight crackers in an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the bean mixture; layer with remaining crackers and bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, mayonnaise and egg; pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 160°, 20-25 minutes. If desired, serve with sour cream and olives.
1 piece: 561 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1103mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 9g fiber), 25g protein.