- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into five burgers.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and cilantro. Serve burgers with dressing on lettuce-lined buns.
1 each: 357 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.