- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and parsley in oil and butter for 1 minute or until tender. Add rice; cook over medium heat until rice is coated with oil and translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, cayenne and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Discard bay leaf.
1 cup: 240 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.